Friday, May 6, 2011

First Anniversary

This week marks one year of blogging for Mohonk Mountain House (horticulturally speaking). I hope you've enjoyed the journey as much as I have. It’s always good to look back at all the happenings (because I forget so much these days).

So, on this special day I can only default to my obsession with white flowers. Last weekend in the afterglow of the royal wedding I found myself, yet again, in Litchfied snapping shots of white narcissi at White Flower Farm. I'm looking for inspiration for new plantings in our white border. These triandus types are quite stunning and will make a nice addition next spring.

White narcissi

White narcissi

… and for a short while, we albaphiles get to enjoy the soft white of the yoshino cherry trees. Sometimes the best way to showcase these blooms is to look up into them as we have here. Our trees are young, but lovely nonetheless.

Yoshino cherry tree
Yoshino cherry tree

So remember, white flowers are timeless and classic. The finest gardens in England all have white gardens.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your year anniversary! Thank you for all the wonderful insight and information.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Let Me Know!